Do you need to make a claim against a policy purchased from Questor Insurance, Insure with Max or Cheap Excess?

Please follow the below instructions dependent upon the type of insurance you purchased. To make the claim procedure as seamless as possible, our claim handlers, Orchard Administration have set up an online submission process. To submit a claim please go to, you will need your certificate number and claim scheme code, both of which are shown on your certificate of insurance. If you are unable to use the online claims facility, then please call Orchard Administration on +44 (0)333 3230 095.

Specific instructions for individual insurance types:

Vehicle Hire Insurance including Car, Motorhome and Van

Please go to the claim administration company Orchard Administration Limited website to submit your claim. You will need your certificate number starting with C100, C151 or C153 and the Claim Scheme ID which you will find on your certificate of insurance. Orchard Administration's claim system will allow you to submit your claim and monitor the status until settlement is finalised. Please see below the list of documentation that the Orchard Administration claims handlers would require in the event of a claim:

  1. Certificate of Insurance for your excess reimbursement policy.
  2. A copy of your Rental Agreement confirming the hire details and excess liability.
  3. A copy of the local police report, if required by law in the country where the loss occurs.
  4. Your copy of the Hire Company accident damage report and a photographic picture of the damage caused.
  5. Invoices / Receipts / other documents confirming the amount you have paid in respect of the damage to the Hired Vehicle for which you are seeking reimbursement.
  6. A final repair invoice from the repairing garage which details the breakdown of parts and labour.
  7. Copy of your credit/debit card statement showing payment of the damages which you are seeking reimbursement.
  8. Copy of the driving licence of the person named on the Hire Agreement as Lead Driver and also the person who was in control of the vehicle at the time of incident.
  9. Your bank details:
    a. UK Bank – Sort Code and Account Number
    b. Bank based outside the UK – IBAN and BIC.
Insure with Max Claims

It is a condition precedent to our liability under the Policy that in the event of any Accident or Specified Illness which causes or may cause you to make a claim under this Policy, you shall:

  1. notify us via Orchard Administration Limited as soon as reasonably practicable but in any event no later than thirty (30) days after the expiry of this Policy.
  2. seek the attention of a Medical Specialist as early as practicable;
  3. take all steps to minimise or avoid any loss under this Policy;
  4. provide us via Orchard Administration Limited or our appointed representatives with all necessary assistance in a timely manner, including but not limited to the provision of:
    • written details of what has happened; and
    • evidence of:
      • Your Child's birth certificate;
      • Your national insurance number;
      • Your signed confirmation that your main residence is in the United Kingdom;
      • Your Child’s registered General Practitioner’s name and address;
      • Your Take Home Salary using Your last three (3) months' payslips from your employer. If you are a company director, then we require evidence of your Dividends for the last twelve (12) months, using your last tax return to HMRC. If you are self-employed, we require evidence of your Self-Employed Earnings for the last twelve (12) months, using your last tax return to HMRC;
      • the medical details of Your Child’s Diagnosis by a Medical Specialist; we cannot process your claim unless you sign consent forms provided by us, to allow us to access to your child’s relevant medical records held by a Medical Specialist;
      • the Medical Specialist’s details;
  5. notify us via Orchard Administration Limited immediately in the event you return to employment during your Leave of Absence whether on a full-time, part-time or other flexible basis. 
If you are wanting to submit a claim for a policy purchased from Direct Car Excess, these are handled by a different claims handling company as detailed above.

The procedure is as follows:

Riverside Underwriting AIG Car Excess/Direct Car Excess claims:
Excess/CDW/Baggage/Car Key Claim Form
Personal Accident Claim Form

Where possible, please ensure that you send all Original Documentation in support of your claim with your claim form.

Documentation supporting a claim can include but is not limited to:

  1. Policy schedule
  2. Rental contract
  3. Charge receipt for rental (if separate from the rental agreement)
  4. A copy of the police report (if required by law in the country of hire)
  5. Accident damage report
  6. Invoices, receipts or other documents which confirm the amount paid to the rental company in respect of accident, damage, loss, towing charges or misfuelling.
  7. A copy of the driving licence of the person involved in the accident (the driver)
  8. A copy of the credit or debit card statement showing the payment to the rental company for which you are looking to claim

Please send claims forms to:

Direct Car Excess Claims,
The AIG Building
2-8 Altyre Road

Alternatively, you can email your policy information together with details of your claim to or call Direct Car Excess Insurance Claims on +44 (0)345 850 9092 to request a claim form. Direct Car Excess Insurance Claims is open from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.

It's important that you notify us as soon as possible, and no later than 31 days following the incident, event, redundancy or discovery of any loss or damage giving rise to the claim under your Direct Car Excess Insurance policy

Before you make your claim, please check the relevant sections in your Direct Car Excess Insurance Policy Wording to ensure you meet the claims conditions and collate all the necessary information and/or documents.